Sunday, July 24, 2005

Carlsbad Confidential goes official

Some time ago, Carlsbad Confidential, once an insider blog of the eMarketing manager at TaylorMade, became an "official" blog called TMaginsider.
I'm not really sure of the value of an "official" blog and I don't really see much on Carlsbad that is really different from what was there before. But they aren't really taking any shots at their competitors, something the site used to do a fair bit.
And, of course, they've dropped their links, so other golf blogs are completely ignored. All of which suggests to me that the company simply doesn't have much of a sense of how the blogsphere works.

3 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that is fair. We do link to other blogs on an individual basis for relevant posts, we just don't have a blogroll type list. Every blog does things slightly differently...

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Robert Thompson said...

Jason: I have respect for what you were trying to do, but I don't think the current blog has much in common with your initial concept. It is not a knock -- just a reality.
Dropping links probably has something to do with corporate liability.

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dropping the links was more of a situation where I bent to the designers, not the lawyers. As far as comparing the current site to the old site, I am working to get the new one to be more personal. Just stay tuned, and bear with us as the site evolves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker