Tuesday, June 28, 2005

More Travelgolf.com crap....

Interestingly, the editor at Travelgolf.com apparently doesn't have much golf to write about. He spent the day taking further shots at Jay Flemma and myself, though I don't quite understand why. All I did was make a note about the site's feud with Walters Golf (see "The Truth Behind Travelgolf.com's attacks). I really don't know who was in the right -- I just reported their fight.

Anyway, Tim McDonald, the editor, continued to take a run at me today, the same guy who said recently in a column that Going for the Green was "a good blog he keeps current." McDonald also wrote that I'm "a course rater for Golf Digest and includes solid, though prosaic, course reviews."

Well, that's changed. Today McDonald wrote: "His blogs are dull, run-of-the mill musings from an unimaginative mind – he must have gone to that great Canadian college, the University of the Obvious." Nice. Attack Canadians. That's so typical and easy.

Such a smart fella, that Tim McDonald. Apparently his opinion changed after I decided not to write for Travelgolf.com for free as a blogger. But isn't the Travelgolf.com website supposed to be about, well, golf? I'm not sure, since McDonald so rarely writes about it. Interestingly, I got several nice comments from readers about how irrelevant Travelgolf has become, or maybe always was.

At least I write under my own name, Tim. The wording of the Rebel Blogger attack on Jay Flemma and myself is very, very similar to the wording of the post under your own name. Yawn.

Let me say this clearly: I endorse Jay Flemma. Actually, why do I need to endorse Jay? What's my endorsement worth? He seems like a good guy, though we've never met. Apparently he was enthusiastic and that's what McDonald doesn't like. He writes some nice course reviews. Full stop.

Now back to golf...

6 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger mediaguru @ HookedOnGolfBlog.com said...

They recruited me but I just want to do my own thing...

Besides, I've never tried my hand at Walters Golf bashing... Not that they are wrong for bashing Walters Golf, but that seems to be 80% of what they do there.

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, the new look is defintely a change for the better.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger A WALK IN THE PARK said...

Thank you again Rob! Great how you showed Tim to be..."inconsistent" in his writing.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Travel Golf can dish it out but they can't take it. After the initial frenzy of posts caused such a negative reaction, they've all of a sudden stopped talking about it. They also removed at least one of their Jay-related posts, and they've deleted several complaints from readers in the blog comments section! What a bunch of weenies!

 
At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Course Reviews said...

Selecting the best possible course for you is a key decision.
Bookgator provides you students to understand what courses they are choosing..

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger SEO Expert said...

it's a skill much like bowling, billiards, darts, auto racing, curling, shuffleboard and pinochle. It's an activity that older people take up when their knees go bad and they can't play real sports like basketball, baseball and football anymore. Sorry, but real sports involve running and jumping.
see Golf Reviews

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker