Thursday, July 07, 2005

Impact of terrorist attacks on The Open; Travelgolf.com: Thompson equals "Canada's golf god"

  • The terrorist attacks in London today were an awful reminder that these sorts of things can happen anywhere, anytime. The Sept. 11 attacks shut down the Ryder Cup. I wonder what sort of impact today's attacks could have on St. Andrews next week? The Scottish Open is being played at Loch Lomond this week and the attacks haven't led to a disruption. But the G8 summit is right down the road from St. Andrews at Gleneagles, and god knows what more might be coming.
  • Thomas Dunne, a writer I enjoy with T&L Golf has just published a story on golf in Holland. Worth a read. Check it out here.
  • More strangeness from Travelgolf.com, this one courtesy of tabloid writer Chris Baldwin (and I'm not joking about that). Anyway, he apparently wants to keep his position at Travelgolf.com, so he blogged an odd piece about me. The short of it is that he's a big fan of Tim McDonald. Oh, and he calls me Canada's Golf God, a title that is already held by Lorne Rubenstein. And he doesn't understand that I write a once-weekly column and can't get everything in I want every week. Read Baldwin's rant here. These guys don't blog much about golf lately -- I'm their favourite subject.

2 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not George Bush's War on Terror. Its America's.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger mediaguru @ HookedOnGolfBlog.com said...

Man I just don't get these guys.

Well, at least TM is back to bashing walters golf....what he's good at.

Tired tired tired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker